June 1, 2020
We, at ALPHA Health Services, are delighted to welcome you back to the clinic for physiotherapy. As per the Ontario Government and Toronto Public Health recommendations dated May 26th, physiotherapy clinics are able to reopen, subject to planning and practicing sound COVID-19 safety protocols.
ALPHA has never closed its doors; we have been considered an emergency service for patients recovering from surgery or acute injuries and have remained open at the clinic throughout the pandemic. The net result of this is that we are very well-organized in terms of operating protocols, safe scheduling, infection control and PPE inventory.
If you are in need of assessment or treatment, please feel free to contact us for an appointment. We are continuing to provide tele-rehab for patients who are not comfortable coming into the clinic yet or who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 but … hands-on physical manipulation can be an important part of both assessment and treatment for soft tissue dysfunction. Please do bear that in mind and if you have concerns and questions about your treatment, please feel free to discuss with your therapist.
Procedure for in person appointments:
- All patients are screened prior to arriving at the clinic via the online COVID19 screening questionnaire. Any patient presenting with symptoms, or potentially exposed will be treated virtually.
- Please arrive at your appointment time, as to reduce the number of people in the clinic! Patients will be taken as quickly as possible into their private treatment room. We ask that you wait outside, and respect social distancing until your appointment time!
- All treatment rooms, common area, and equipment are completely sanitized between every appointment, and cleaning procedures are documented in a central system. All staff are following the cleaning standards and protocol as set out by the College of Physiotherapists, and the Ministry of Health.
- All patients are required to sanitize their hands prior to entering. Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby of the building, and at the entrance of the clinic.
- Please bring (and wear!) a mask
- No admin staff will be onsite, but will continue to work remotely
- All staff have been trained and received the Infection Prevention and Control certificates (and all required training and modules through the Ontario Government).
- All staff are trained and have met virtually to be aware of clinic protocol and procedures that have been developed as per College and Toronto Public health guidelines.
- Staff are provided with necessary PPE
- All staff are screened prior to every in clinic shift via the Ontario Governments self screening survey.
- Limited staff are in clinic, and virtual visits are still provided
- Building procedures are in place to limit one person in the elevator, and security is present in the lobby to assist in maintaining social distancing and a safe environment.
We are ever and always here to meet your needs, and ensuring your safety and comfort relative to COVID-19 is a big part of that. We have been vigilant in our clinical practice over the pandemic and proud to report that there have been no cases reported amongst our staff or patients. We look forward to welcoming you back to the clinic – when you are ready! We are ready for you!
You are our priority – your health, your rehabilitation, and your safety re this COVID-19 world within which we find ourselves.
Please contact us anytime if you have any questions or concerns,
Charlotte Anderson, MSc., PT., PhD